Grilled Fish or roasted chicken are the perfect foil for this flavor packed Creole Sauce that Chef Shabba prepared for us more than once while we ate his delicious food on Canouan Island in the Grenadines.
It also is great as a topping for eggs or alongside a grilled cheese sandwich!
- 2 c. vegetable stock
- 1 red bell pepper -diced
- 1 yellow pepper-diced
- 1 large carrot-diced
- 1 small onion-diced
- 1 Tb chopped herbs (thyme,basil, oregano)
- 1 Tb ketchup
- 1 Tb Creole seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- in a medium pot, pour a little olive oil in pan and saute garlic until translucent.
- place all other ingredients in pot and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- taste for taste and add salt, pepper or more Creole seasoning.