Chef Russell Moss
- Take two five-pound salmon filets with pin bone out and skin on.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups salt
- 1 bunch of chopped dill
- 1T fresh ground pepper
- 4 drops of vanilla extract
- Pack the salmon in the cure (salt and pepper mix) and wrap facing each other skin to skin.
- Wrap loosely and place in a pan in the refrigerator with thirty pounds of weight on top for two days.
- After two days turn and dump out some of the juice.
- Let the fish stay like that for four to six more days.
- Un wraps the fish and pat dry. Place it on a sheet pan loosely covered for an additional four or five days.
- After that, you may use it.
- Note this product must be refrigerated well at less than thirty-eight degrees. If stored improperly it is unsafe.
Sweet Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 T. oil
- 1 T. chopped dill
- mix all ingredients and top gravlax.