I’m guessing it’s time for fruit and something much lighter than the fare you’ve been eating at your Seders.
I’m keeping it fresh and simple with this Orange and Fennel Salad from our Passover eBook, 4 Bloggers Dish: Passover. This vegan, pareve, gluten-free salad is so easy to make and so refreshing, you’ll want to make it all year round.
This simple salad is a great palate cleanser. Use the juiciest oranges you can find (really great with winter citrus).
This recipe is vegan, pareve, gluten-free.
- 4 large oranges, peeled, pith removed, separated into slices.
- 1 fennel bulb, rinsed bruises trimmed
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed, spun and chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro or mint leaves, rinsed and chopped (optional)
- 3-4 Tb. olive oil (best quality)
- 1-2 Tb. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut each orange slice in half and place in mixing bowl.
- Cut fennel bulb in half and remove hard inner core. Slice into thin strips and add to salad bowl. Add red onion.
- Toss with olive oil, lime juice, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Spread Romaine leaves on a platter and top with salad mixture.
Garnish with thinly sliced red onions and chopped cilantro or mint leaves.